Monday, January 3, 2011

K'Leena's First Project for the Blog

I have always loved home decorating, but I'm afraid my house is severely lacking in any decoration besides photos and paintings I have done.  So I will be the first to admit that I love decorating but suck at it. And I have always wanted to learn how to refinish furniture. 

So one day when I came how I saw that a neighbor was throwing out some old dining chairs.  They are in super bad condition (the wood finish is peeling off, the arm rests are broken, the upholstery is not my style, and they overall just look in bad condition, hence why my neighbor is throwing them out), but I thought here is my chance to learn how to refinish them and make them look as good as new.  I thought how hard could it be I have seen them do it all the time on TV shows, surely I could too.  So there you have it my first project for this blog.  I'm super excited to get started.  I think I may even refinish my dining table.

Photos of the chairs & table before I start the refinish:







See I told you they were not my style, broken, and worn down!  Wish me Luck.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a blog. Good luck on your first project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look AWESOME (awesome potential, that is!) good luck! Can't wait to see what you do wtih them!

    ReplyDelete